Leaving The East Coast

All things flight-related for Hang Glider and Paraglider pilots: flying plans, site info, weather, flight reports, etc. Newcomers always welcome!

Moderator: CHGPA BOD

lbunner

Leaving The East Coast

Post by lbunner »

As some of you know, I have sold my house in PA and will be leaving for my new permanent residence in IL shortly after the ECC. I leave with mixed feelings and a lot of angst. Three of my grandkids live in IL so I look forward to spending time with them. On the other side I will miss flying the mountains and at Highland. I have met many of you and flown with quite a few too. You have an awesome club and some really high potential sites for long distance flights. I may have to get a trailer and do a number of road trips in the future. A special thanks to Sunny and Adam for helping me pursue my competition dreams and a big thanks to Dave, Tom and Bacil for showing my the ropes in the mountains. Thanks also go to Pete for setting the standard for XC in the area and helping me to dream big and to John for setting the bar high at Highland! I didn't quite achieve all that I wished and dreamed of as far as XC goes but I thoroughly enjoyed going after it! The Pulpit, Woodstock, Jack's, Ridgely, Zirks et al. will forever be embedded in my mind. Fly safe, have fun, dream big and fly far!

Until the next time....
Bun
Matthew

Re: Leaving The East Coast

Post by Matthew »

So, have you already planned the flight back to Highland from the tow park in Illinois????

Crossing the bay may be tricky, you may want to cut it short and land at the High Rock LZ. But I think you can make it to Highland.

:)

Matthew
Richard Hays

Post by Richard Hays »

Sorry to hear that you are leaving.

Rich Hays
sailin

Post by sailin »

Damn!!! Gonna miss you lots around here Bun. I really enjoyed the chances I got to fly with you and really appreciated the wisdom you were always willing to share. Even though you can't quite see it in my flying yet......I promised I listened and learned a bunch :mrgreen: Look forward to flying with you again when you make it back here. In the meantime , hopefully you will be hearing about some epic XC flights from our area, undoubtedly inspired greatly by you!! Thanks for everything and have safe travels and wonderful times with your family.

Jon
mcelrah

Post by mcelrah »

Larry,

You have shown us all the way. I'm sure you will tear it up in Illinois as well.

- Hugh
Flying Lobster

Post by Flying Lobster »

Hey Bun--Lookout/Sequatchie isn't all that far from IL--maybe we'll be seeing you there?

Marc
Great Googly-moo!
Roger

Post by Roger »

You're a grandfather!? :shock:

Gonna miss you even though we've never flown together locally. See ya next year somewhere, hopefully BIg Spring. :idea:

Smoke 'em killa!
Roger
25two-67three--eight eight95 c
mcgowantk

Post by mcgowantk »

Bun

You will be missed. You were an inspiration for us and were a significant contributor to the club. Personally, I greatly enjoyed your company and hope to fly with you soon. Take care

Tom McGowan

PS In case you need more incentive, you don't have the site record for Woodstock yet - setting that record should not be a problem for you!
Dave Proctor

Post by Dave Proctor »

Bun..Gonna miss you and Sue. You really pushed us to get better..and that is a good thing. We've all had some great flights together. You guys have a standing invite at my house if you get lonesome for the area's flying.

Dave P
Dave P
hefalump

Post by hefalump »

Well Larry, now that you will be in IL maybe you will be spending some time at HG Chicago. I'm "only" about 4 hours south in Louisville KY and would be able to come up for weekends to fly with you.

We should talk about trying to get the mid-west comp started again. With the "killer bee" backing the comp it may draw enough pilots to make it viable.

Many days here in Louisville KY there are beautiful clouds and streets as far as I can see, but with no way into the air I'm stuck on the ground. I think there is huge potential for X-C in the region.
hefalump

Post by hefalump »

previous post by JD