rewards

All things flight-related for Hang Glider and Paraglider pilots: flying plans, site info, weather, flight reports, etc. Newcomers always welcome!

Moderator: CHGPA BOD

breezyk1d

rewards

Post by breezyk1d »

glad to hear that all were well rewarded for suffering through the heat. What I enjoyed the most about yesterday's sleds was that at altitude, it wasn't too hot at all So staying up today must have been really great! We hid out in the movie theaters slummin' it. Check out the good film Sky High (excellent one liners) and the other was a chickflick so I won't even BOTHER passing that one on the male dominated forum! Gotta hack the fifi list if ya really want to find out about the chickflick!. was a feel good girlie movie that. And it is flight related if not HG related (the film Sky High that is). 8)
Scott

Post by Scott »

Definitely rewarding despite the heat---but even if every 105-degree day was a soaring day, I'm still not sure I'd choose to regularly fly in those conditions. :) It was like deep scuba diving and decompression...takes you a few minutes to get down to 100ft, then an hour to get back up...likewise, yesterday, you'd go out and set up your glider...then need at least an hour to recover! 5 minutes to move the glider...and 30 minutes to recover!

Scott

PS - Yeah, Sky High was fun Linda---it's great having kids---an excuse to see silly movies as an adult. :)