Colorado Fy Week 2012

For topics that don't fit into any of the other forums: politics, rant-n-raves, cool web sites, anything and everything goes!

Moderator: CHGPA BOD

mchevalier

Colorado Fy Week 2012

Post by mchevalier »

http://www.facebook.com/ColoradoFlyWeek2012?ref=ts

Is anybody from the area coming? I would like to see some of my old flying buddies here. Mike
markc

Re: Colorado Fy Week 2012

Post by markc »

Now *that* looks like a Fly-In, wow! Wish I could be there.... Is this an annual event Mike?

Have fun, fly safe, and say 'hey' from all of us to any other former Region 9'ers you run into ('Spark, Shawn & Melina, etc).

MarkC

PS: Still got your old K5 Mike. If you'd like to fly it on a trip back this way, just PM me.
mchevalier

Post by mchevalier »

There's been a smaller fly in every year but nothing quite like this one. Usually there's been live music one night. And maybe 40 pilots. 90 had registered last I heard. They used to have it on Memorial Day weekend but it can still be cold then.

And it's still not too late to come! With 2 drivers (and some chemical help) you could be here in a day and a half. Christy and I used to do it. If you left today you could be here Sunday night and ready to fly Monday.

Not so sure I'd want to fly that K5. The top sail ripped when I stuffed a batten, I think I patched it with sail tape and flew it one more time then bought a Stealth. And that glider liked to stall a tip in ground effect making it a handful to land. I also blew 2 launches with it. Mike
brianvh

Post by brianvh »

Funny - my aunt who lives near salida sent me a local magazine with a several page story about the meet and hang gliding in general. She was floored when I told her I knew two out of three pilots they interviewed extensively: Sparky and Mike Chevalier! Small world indeed.

The article was remarkably accurate for a general media publication. She is passing my complements on to the editor.
Brian Vant-Hull
mchevalier

Post by mchevalier »

I just read that article in Colorado Central magazine. I know the author and editor of that magazine, he lives couple blocks up the street. It's a small town. I can see the back end of my truck in the picture on the cover.