GpsDump on mac

For topics that don't fit into any of the other forums: politics, rant-n-raves, cool web sites, anything and everything goes!

Moderator: CHGPA BOD

mchevalier

GpsDump on mac

Post by mchevalier »

I recently bought a new Fytec 6030 and have been unable to get it to talk to GpsDump for Mac.

I've tried version .27 and .26 and different versions of the driver for the usb to serial converter which is in the Flytec. I keep getting a message that says "GPS Access Error-Product Read Timeout".

I've tried a different usb cable with same results.

With the Flytec on and connected to the mac I can see it in the system profiler so the physical connection is being made.

I've also tried to get GpsDump to talk to my Garmin Etrex 30 with no luck. If I hit Garmin USB I get the message "Unable to find a Garmin USB device".

If I just hit Garmin I get the message "Read product info: Timeout while waiting for ack. packet".

I've tried deleting the .plist and cache files associated with GpsDump, this had no effect.

Has anybody had any luck with GpsDump for Mac? It's not a big issue with the Garmin as is shows up as a removable drive and it also plays friendly with other programs like Garmin Basecamp and Google Earth. I'm using a recent Macbook Pro. Mike
mchevalier

Re: GpsDump on mac

Post by mchevalier »

I got the 6030 to talk to GpsDump. The 6030 needed to be on the Main Setup Menu for data transfer. Duh! Now if I can get the program to work with the Garmin.