Fisher Road Sunday

All things flight-related for Hang Glider and Paraglider pilots: flying plans, site info, weather, flight reports, etc. Newcomers always welcome!

Moderator: CHGPA BOD

Spark

Fisher Road Sunday

Post by Spark »

I'm planning to head to Fisher Road this afternoon to fly something. I'll probably get there around 4:30pm or so.
'Spark
theflyingdude

Fisher's Rd

Post by theflyingdude »

I flew Fisher's Rd last Sunday and noticed they're grading a new driveway/entrance onto the premises.

Anyone know anything about that?
theflyingdude

Fisher's Rd

Post by theflyingdude »

I should clairfy - someone is grading the entrance/driveway onto the premises that used to be Anna's place. Maybe a new home being constructed?
Matthew

Fisher Road Sunday

Post by Matthew »

OK. Who is The Flying Dude? And how was flying at Fisher Road on Sunday?

Matthew
breezyk1d

Fischer

Post by breezyk1d »

Spark, Rich, and I tried for Fischer's today, but it rained on us as soon as we got to to the launch at about 4:30. We walked the LZ's prior to that as neither Rich nor I have ever flown there before. Still haven't.

Buy I when we saw the tree cutting and clearing that had taken place at the entrance lane to the old house, Spark got in touch with someone who knows the Fischer family, to suggest an inquiry be made. If the circumstances are changing there , perhaps we may hear find out fairly soon.

I thought Fischers was a pretty site, but we stopped at Bill's Hill on the way back so that I could at least know how to get to the launch, and see the LZ from the top, and WOW! that is one beautiful site! Lovely farmland laid out below. The clouds enveloped us while we stood there and chatted and it was a fairly comprehensive white out for a while there.

Many thanks to Spark for even being willing to head out and give a mountain site a try in the damp and soggy dog days of summer, and for taking the time to walk us through the L&L at the couple sites.

I hope we hear from John M. on the class at Taylors today...I debated between a mountain launch and a training hill, and lost (though I gained much in knowledge and exposure to new sites) - Linda B.
theflyingdude

Fisher's Rd

Post by theflyingdude »

Theflyingdude = JR.

Last Sunday (7/31/05) was quite soarable early on, but there were some flush cycles that came thru on a periodic basis. It glassed-off by late afternoon/early evening, but the PG pilots (Tom, Juanito, etc) decided there was too much wind and left for Bill's Hill.

I flew the Falcon and was glad I did as getting into the secondary LZ was a bit challenging given ESE winds.
Matthew

Fisher and Bill's

Post by Matthew »

The clouds enveloped us while we stood there and chatted and it was a fairly comprehensive white out for a while there....

...Linda B.

So how many times did Sparky fly? :)

Matthew