Skiing@WhiteTail on Sunday, 1/6/05

For non-flying fun with pilots, friends, and family.
Ski trips, Ethiopean-nights, movies, biking, climbing... All that fun stuff you can't do in the sky.

Moderator: CHGPA BOD

Spark

Post by Spark »

I'm headed to White Tail, eta 10:45am.
'Spark
Spark

Post by Spark »

The weather was sunny, 55+ degrees. Not much of a crowd. Decided to quit a bit after 3pm, as the snow was pretty much like concrete slush. Had a great time.
'Spark
Matthew

Skiing Massanutten

Post by Matthew »

Massanutten was great on Sunday. We got there and started sking at 12:30. Snow wasn't slushy at all. It was actually the best conditions we had skiing all year... sunny, warm, blue skies, empty slopes and no lift lines.. We skied till 5:30. The temperatures plummeted when the sun went down and we weren't dressed for the cold. But I could have skied all night if I would have brought another jacket or layer.

Matthew
Spark

Post by Spark »

I guess I should tell the plain truth about why we quit so early ... Whilst riding up the chair, Daniel and I saw some folks noodling in the moguls, so I suggested that we give it a try. After several hours of skiing, and three mogul runs, I was literally 'bent' [u]and[/u] 'spent'. I hate to admit it, but my back just can't handle those bumps any more.
'Spark