Introduction

All things flight-related for Hang Glider and Paraglider pilots: flying plans, site info, weather, flight reports, etc. Newcomers always welcome!

Moderator: CHGPA BOD

Lostgriz

Introduction

Post by Lostgriz »

Hello,

My name is Matt Christensen and I am excited to be a member of the CHGPA. I am currently a H2, studying to take my H3. Most of my flying has been at Blue Sky where I did my training. I am currently flying a NW Freedom 170 and excited to order a new glider in the next couple weeks. I look forward to meeting more local pilots and getting to know the mountain sites. Although I have yet to log my first XC flight, I have registered for the Highland Challenge and really looking forward to the experience.Although it has been around 7 years since I flew PGs, I got my P2 at the POM almost 20 years ago.

I live in Vienna, VA with my wife and 3 kids, but consider Montana to be home. I work in operations for a commercial GC in Hernon. When I am not busy working on my never ending remodel project, I coach wrestling for my two boys.

Looking forward to flying with you all.

Matt
jyoder111

Re: Introduction

Post by jyoder111 »

Welcome Matt. Looking forward to seeing you and your Freedom in action!

Jesse
lbunner

Post by lbunner »

Nice to meet you (online). There sure is alot of flying to be had around here, not quite Montana but very good!
Bun
mingram

Post by mingram »

Welcome Matt! I remember meeting you at Blue Sky last year. I'm glad to see you join the club and hope to fly with you soon.

Matt
Matt Ingram
CHGPA President
P4 Observer
mingram@vt.edu
AcTiOnJaCkSoN

Post by AcTiOnJaCkSoN »

Hey man welcome to chgpa, might not remember me but your name and your glider sound very familiar. This is Dustin I was learning with at blue sky. Thats awesome your h2 already... I still need to get on the truck this spring lol.
Dustin
Lostgriz

Post by Lostgriz »

Thank you all for the responses. I look forward to getting some hours logged with you all. For the next couple months, my flying will be limited to Saturdays or the occasional weekday, as I am tied up with coaching wrestling. I need to sneak down to Blue Sky and bring my glider up so that I can get out and enjoy some of the mountain flying. Sounds like I missed a good day on Sunday.

Cheers,

Matt