Snow on launch! 12-10-2011

All things flight-related for Hang Glider and Paraglider pilots: flying plans, site info, weather, flight reports, etc. Newcomers always welcome!

Moderator: CHGPA BOD

JMNTech

Snow on launch! 12-10-2011

Post by JMNTech »

IMPORTANT:
I recommend that you grab a beer or several of whatever you enjoy drinking or smoking maybe a cup of hot tea, a hot chocolate... Then join me on this flight by pressing PLAY once your "settled in." I added some music for the chill effect, I hope it's enjoyable.

Constructive criticism is always welcome. Please send me a private message.

This was my highest flight to date. This is also my third true soaring flight. I maxed out out at 1,250 ft over launch then had tons of fun flying back and fourth with Bill along the ridge before heading to the LZ. I did a lot of 360° turn practice as well losing and regaining altitude along the ridge.

A little background about me if you don't know me. My name's Joey Nieves. I'm a hang 2 from PA. I started flying on the training hill on September 11th 2011. Since day 1 I was hooked and I knew I would be flying for the rest of my life. My Dad gave me his first double surface glider (Pacifit Windcraft Vision - Eclipse 19 - 1986) This is my third soaring flight and I am totally psyched. Thanks for watching!

http://vimeo.com/33578746 to see the video description with ability to skip to different parts.

Otherwise, you can watch the video embedded below.

sailin

Re: Snow on launch! 12-10-2011

Post by sailin »

Nice job man! Keep em coming.

Jon
JMNTech

Post by JMNTech »

Thanks a lot. I'm glad I can share! It's getting a bit cold but still watching the forecast =)
lbunner

Post by lbunner »

Way to go Joey! Keep practicing those skills, next spring and summer are gonna rock!
Bun
JMNTech

Post by JMNTech »

Thanks bun! Yeah.. it's gonna be an awesome summer