Saturday/3, specifically

All things flight-related for Hang Glider and Paraglider pilots: flying plans, site info, weather, flight reports, etc. Newcomers always welcome!

Moderator: CHGPA BOD

John Anderson

Saturday/3, specifically

Post by John Anderson »

Is anyone thinking about Bill's Hill tomorrow? For southern PA I see wind at ESE, 5--10 mph-- can anyone confirm? It's a nice place to fly if there is a bit of company, otherwise kind of a lonely drive and turn-around. (I may blow this off if I can assure myself some flying on Sunday.) But meanwhile-- any free flight traffick headed to Bill's, and timing? John
JMNTech

Re: Saturday/3, specifically

Post by JMNTech »

Yeah, forecast looks pretty good for Bill's Hill! I'm gonna give my instructor a call, if we end up going i'll let you know asap!
Dan T

Post by Dan T »

I think Bill's is the right call for tomorrow. Unfortunately with the clouds coming in it doesn't look too promising for anything more than a couple of sleds. Never-the-less I might consider it if I can line up a car pool.

Dan T
John Anderson

Post by John Anderson »

It's looking mild and a short east window, so I think your call for sleds is probably right. Meanwhile, my one fellow hangmobile driver has been waylaid by work, so it looks like I am giving up on Bill's for tomorrow. Wish we had another E site closer. I plan to monitor keener minds and plans of others to see if anything happening on Sunday. May fortune smile on us all --John
markc

Post by markc »

Sheesh! I sure wish that it wasn't looking so darn light. :evil:

Looking blue & sunny Sat, and then clouds moving in Sun PM. Chilly on Sat, warming a bit on Sunday. Light SE to SSE winds for much of both days. I'd like to talk myself into giving Jack's a try... But without a solid 10-ish mph in the forecast, I'm not sure it's worth the drive. Anyone else thinking about it?

For the H-2s : Bill's Hill can sometimes be ok on SE days, provided there are cycles coming in which fill the slot. So that might be an option for you, since an Observer isn't required for the site.

(But please be real! Prior high-flights are a must, you _have_ to check out the LZ, and be aware that the slot might need some work. If you've had some high flights, and can evaluate crossing conditions in a slot launch, then it might be ok to fly without an Observer. Otherwise..... Not a good idea.)

Guess I'll take another look tomorrow morning; maybe the 'casts will improve.

MarkC
sailin

Post by sailin »

MarkC I am looking at Jacks too. I get off work tomorrow morning at 0700 and will have another look at things in the morning......maybe a little later than 0700 if its a rough night at work.
I will post in the morning. The glider is already on top of the car.

Jon
JMNTech

Post by JMNTech »

Light and variable for Bill's hill. I won't be able to make it to Bill's hill on Saturday.

However... Jack's on Sunday is looking do-able! I believe I will be there! If anyone is planning on going Sunday to Jacks 12/4/2011 post it! I hope to meet some new people! I'll be there by around 10-11 am with my instructor!
sailin

Post by sailin »

Holding off on Jacks today.........considering either Jacks or Daniels tomorrow............considering Jack Daniels (sip, sip) today :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :roll: :roll: just kiddin, cheesy I know, but couldn't resist :) :)

Jon
markc

Post by markc »

Yeah, I think I'm out for today too. Rats!
JMNTech

Post by JMNTech »

lol Jon