Another teaching weekend 7/23-24

All things flight-related for Hang Glider and Paraglider pilots: flying plans, site info, weather, flight reports, etc. Newcomers always welcome!

Moderator: CHGPA BOD

silverwings

Another teaching weekend 7/23-24

Post by silverwings »

Had two first timers on Saturday and we were heading for Kirshners but with the potential of it turning NE and seeing some flags showing that approaching Frederick we turned around and headed back to a school yard in my neighborhood for ground handling/running. They both did probably 15 runs when we called it a day. I then headed to Ridgley for a late afternoon flight and got a 30 minute flight (after release) in very light lift. My tow was exceptionally smooth (at 5:15) unlike others earlier in the day.

Anyone go to the Pulpit on Saturday?

On Sunday, forecasts indicated a potential teaching period at Taylors in the mid afternoon and with Cragins incouragement I went there with 1 first timer and two hang 1+ students. The wind was switching occasionally but mostly blowing from the SSW to W (1-7 mph) and it turned out to be a good teaching day with all my students getting their fill of flights. My first timer did 6 flights with ALL foot landings (probably a first)! I did a few flights and continued mowing some of the landing area.

Overall a good teaching weekend especially since last weekend we went out one day, did a flight, got rained on for an hour, then the wind direction went cross.
john middleton (202)409-2574 c