Blue Sky Weekend

All things flight-related for Hang Glider and Paraglider pilots: flying plans, site info, weather, flight reports, etc. Newcomers always welcome!

Moderator: CHGPA BOD

breezyk1d

Blue Sky Weekend

Post by breezyk1d »

Spent the weekend towing at Blue Sky. Better pilots than I got up and stayed up for a while both days in sporadic lift conditions. I practiced lots of launches and landings, with fishing for thermals in between -but didn't hook any. (3 tows Sat, 4 tows Sun).

Sunday was light and variable: Karma suggested, and Steve Wendt agreed, that I should try flying her Eagle.

What FUN! So that is what ground effect at landing is! And I got to actually glide faster when I pulled in, instead of sinking like concrete. What a novelty! Thank you Karma, for trusting me with the use of your glider. Now I know what the "gliding" part of hang gliding is. And I think I may have the perspective now to improve my landing form (for all current and future gliders I may fly). That would be a significant improvement for me, over my diving at the ground like a banshee approach.

Karma happily restablished herself nicely on the truck towing after a relatively long period of not getting to tow. Hank and Karma both seemed to be enjoying the comforts of their new RV.

The Sat night campfire was fun, with several rocket fireworks sent up, homegrown veggies braised over the fire, and Tex's garlic-basil-wrapped, fresh-off-the-vine cherry tomato hor d'oeuves.
Scott

Post by Scott »

Hank---if that new RV has AC, then I'm jealous! If not, then I'm not missing anything. :) Sorry we didn't see you guys this weekend.

Scott
hankh2rbc

Blue Sky Weekend

Post by hankh2rbc »

Scott,
Color yourself green. It has a 13,500 BTU AC unit and I have a 3800 watt
Ultra quiet generator which hardly makes any more noise than the AC unit
to run it. Hope to see you guys again real soon.

Hank & Karma

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, July 25, 2005 8:52 AM
To: hg_forum@chgpa.org
Subject: Blue Sky Weekend

Hank---if that new RV has AC, then I'm jealous! If not, then I'm not
missing anything. :) Sorry we didn't see you guys this weekend.

Scott