Highland Aerosports Sunday 09Oct

All things flight-related for Hang Glider and Paraglider pilots: flying plans, site info, weather, flight reports, etc. Newcomers always welcome!

Moderator: CHGPA BOD

markc

Highland Aerosports Sunday 09Oct

Post by markc »

I'll be heading to Highland tomorrow, early. Been way too long since I've been there, looking forward to it. Bringing tent, frisbees and beer! :)
air_medal

Re: Highland Aerosports Sunday 09Oct

Post by air_medal »

Look forward to seeing you there.

-- Joe
Joe G.
markc

Post by markc »

There was a window in which some pilots pulled off some good flights: Doug R, Charlie, Kirk L, and Joe G. I was pulled up not long after them, but wasn't able to connect with lift. Guess I've lost my Highland Mojo :-) .

Five flights for me today, two extendos and three sleds. Though I could wish for more, this was only my second towing day of the entire year, so no complaints from me!

I'll be hanging out tonight, and hoping for more flying tomorrow.

MarkC
markc

Post by markc »

Well.... Monday wasn't exactly a kickin' thermal day, at least as of 3pm when I headed out. Conditions were glass-smooth between 1100' and 2500', with a few hints of lift below that. The tows up and the rides down were fun in spite of the stable conditions: I got to sight-see while on tow, and then tried to minimize sink as much as possible to extend today's three flights. With most of my flying in the mtns this year, landings in very light to zero-wind don't happen often, and my rusty light-wind landing skills made themselves known this weekend. :lol: So that was another good reason for a Highland weekend, it provided a chance for a tune-up.

Flying today were: Sam and Paul; John; Shawn and Lindsay; 14-year-old (and solo'ing!) Shawn; Heather; plus a couple of pilots I haven't met yet. One highlight was a "walk-up" tandem by Ebony: She drove by the field to check things out after all her friends had bailed on the idea, and was about to get back in the car because things seemed too scary.... But then Heather and Sam spotted her, wrestled her keys away from her, convinced her that tandems are REALLY FUN, and wouldn't let her leave! So Ebony did get to fly, and seemed to be all smiles; maybe she'll be back!

As always, a fun time was had by many after flying on Sunday night, and the Highland gang was cranking out the tows in their usual uber-efficient way.

MarkC