Bill's Sunday and/or Jack's Monday

All things flight-related for Hang Glider and Paraglider pilots: flying plans, site info, weather, flight reports, etc. Newcomers always welcome!

Moderator: CHGPA BOD

hang_pilot

Bill's Sunday and/or Jack's Monday

Post by hang_pilot »

I'm still interested in Bill's for today and/or Jack's tomorrow if I'll have some company. ~Daniel 301.275.6584
mingram

Re: Bill's Sunday and/or Jack's Monday

Post by mingram »

I heard Bill's was good yesterday. A few PGs are headed there today - meeting in Frederick at 11am
Matt Ingram
CHGPA President
P4 Observer
mingram@vt.edu
John Anderson

Post by John Anderson »

I am headed up, with both HG and PG hopes. Yesterday (I bailed), but I had given some a temp mob tel # -- could those of you headed toward Bill's note my actual (continuing) mob tel #: 7o3/226-9o66. Putting my car in LZ by mid-day. Confer?
--John
jyoder111

Post by jyoder111 »

I'm interested in Bill's today. Forecast now has 5-10mph winds instead of just L&V.
XCanytime

Post by XCanytime »

I am heading to Bills. ETA high noon. Bacil
jyoder111

Post by jyoder111 »

catching a ride to Bill's with John Middleton in about an hour. -Jesse
silverwings

Post by silverwings »

Flew there yesterday at 6:20 pm after mowing at Kirshners and nice soaring pg flight. Going there today. The slot needs a lot of work. ETA 12:20 (202)409-2574 c
john middleton (202)409-2574 c
kylek

Post by kylek »

I will be headed to Bill's today too. I'm leaving DC area around 11 if anyone needs a ride.

Kyle
510-517-5137
jyoder111

Post by jyoder111 »

Nice day at Bill's yesterday. Winds were lighter than hoped for, but it was nice to be outside. Thanks to everyone who pitched in to help clear the slot, especially Bacil, John M, and Keith, who were at it longer than most of us. Lots of paragliders flew, and John Anderson and I flew hang gliders. Wind was strongest in the early afternoon and that's when Tom skied out like it was nothing and went over the back.

I had two sled rides, working on my spot landings for h3. First flight was a whack. I'm out of practice. Second was good.

Jesse
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

Nice video. Thanks for sharing. I couldn't tell if you were landing towards the road on the first flight. The second flight looks like you took a diagonal path across the field towards the road. Regardless-- for anyone who is thinking of flying bill's -- don't land directly towards the road-- even if it is blowing straight in from the road (from the East). The field slopes downwards towards the road and it's east to get popped up there-- and there are power lines on the road. Either land parallel to the road (north or south) or do a diagonal track across the field to the north or south.

Matthew