Daniels slot, can anyone get in contact with Roger

All things flight-related for Hang Glider and Paraglider pilots: flying plans, site info, weather, flight reports, etc. Newcomers always welcome!

Moderator: CHGPA BOD

Dan T

Daniels slot, can anyone get in contact with Roger

Post by Dan T »

The Daniel's slot needs a substantial amount of work including removing or topping the trees at the bottom. Does anyone know how to reach the land owner to determine what we can and cannot do? I understand that the bottom of the slot is near the edge of the property and we'd need to be careful about encroaching on the neighbor even with the land owners permission to clean it up.

The PG pilots are willing to do a bunch of the work, but have been informed that we need to get permission first.

Dan
jclaytor

Re: Daniels slot, can anyone get in contact with Roger

Post by jclaytor »

Dan, if you need some help with determining the proper boundary, to avoid encroachment, I can help out.
I think that the last I saw of Roger's contact information was in the CHGPA site guide.
Nelson Lewis or Rich Lawrence can probably help you with this contact information as well.
JSC
Nelson Lewis

Post by Nelson Lewis »

I am the contact for Daniels. Please feel free to cut. Do not cut any large trees (trees that have not been cut in the last 5 years). We normally plan a work day for the next soarable weekend. If there are any questions please feel free to call me at (434) 996-seven eight seven nine
Nelson Lewis
Nelson Lewis (434) 996-7879
Nelson Lewis

Post by Nelson Lewis »

The bottom of the slot at Daniels has been cut.
The sides still need work.
Nelson
Nelson Lewis (434) 996-7879
mingram

Post by mingram »

Thanks Nelson!
Matt Ingram
CHGPA President
P4 Observer
mingram@vt.edu
Dan T

Post by Dan T »

Thanks for jumping on this everybody. I'm in KC Missouri this week and much of the next month and am basically out of pocket.

Dan