Henson's Gap Team Challenge 2005

All things flight-related for Hang Glider and Paraglider pilots: flying plans, site info, weather, flight reports, etc. Newcomers always welcome!

Moderator: CHGPA BOD

Scott

Henson's Gap Team Challenge 2005

Post by Scott »

The Tennessee Tree Toppers will be holding their Team Challenge this year from September 31-October 8 at Henson's Gap. To quote the info on their website...
We are going back to the "Roots" of what the Team Challenge is all about. The TC will no longer be a sanctioned comp which means it's no longer a points meet.

I have made changes to the original format making the meet more Hang 3 focused. With a new pilot ranking system, new scoring system and task options?this event is designed to give the advantage to teams with the best Hang 3 pilots. We are taking the steps needed to make the Team Challenge the premier event for the advancing Hang 3 pilot by providing a unique learning experience. The Sequatchie Valley is the perfect setting for this type of event, with over 40 miles of ridge?it's the best and most scenic XC area in the Southeastern United States.

We will also sponsor up and coming Hang 3 pilots with free entry, if you want to apply for a sponsorship, send me an email. Tell me about yourself, why you think you should be here, about your flying, your school and instructor, etc.

We will have lots to do and learn including; nightly "Fireside Talks"?flying discussions by top local and national pilots, morning pilot briefings with "Strategy Sessions", evening socials and our famous closing night party.
We've already formed one team to represent Blue Sky Flight Park: Bruce Engen, Hank Hengst, me, Bill Priday and Daniel Shapiro. Dean Funk (event organizer) asked me to drum up some more teams---so if anyone is interested, it would be great to have a CHGPA team, a Highland team, etc.

Henson's Gap is a fantastic and beautiful mountain site, and the Sequatchie Valley is great too (I should know---I survived 100 miles on a bike through the whole valley last fall!)

For more info, see...
http://www.treetoppers.org

Scott