Looking for the local Millennium pilot

All things flight-related for Hang Glider and Paraglider pilots: flying plans, site info, weather, flight reports, etc. Newcomers always welcome!

Moderator: CHGPA BOD

Christian

Post by Christian »

I am new to the server but many of you know me since I have been flying for about 25 years. I spend most of my time at Ridgeley these days so I see a lot of you all the time.

I have decided to make a change in my flying and I am going to get a Millennium. Adam is looking for one for me so it may take a little while. i met a local pilot a few years ago who flys one. He was down at Ridgely and his wing was beautiful.. I think his name is Gary Beyer.

If anyone knows Gary or who this is, please let me know. My email address is c.titone@comcast.net.

Thanks,

Christian
huddlec

Post by huddlec »

I answered him off list.
Christy

Christian <c.titone@comcast.net> wrote:

I am new to the server but many of you know me since I have been flying for about 25 years. I spend most of my time at Ridgeley these days so I see a lot of you all the time.

I have decided to make a change in my flying and I am going to get a Millennium. Adam is looking for one for me so it may take a little while. i met a local pilot a few years ago who flys one. He was down at Ridgely and his wing was beautiful.. I think his name is Gary Beyer.

If anyone knows Gary or who this is, please let me know. My email address is c.titone@comcast.net (c.titone@comcast.net).

Thanks,

Christian

Spark

Post by Spark »

FYI - Joe Evans in Oregon has an Extacy 160 for $2000.
'Spark
Flying Lobster

Post by Flying Lobster »

Ya sure ya want a Millie? Right side joystick control--I watched a guy launch one at Torrey Pines--he simply nosed over and tumbled down the face of the cliff. Lots more conventional weight shift/actuated ridgids around.
Great Googly-moo!
Christian

yes I am sure I want a Millennium

Post by Christian »

I just want to explain why I am looking for info on the Millennium. I have been flying for 25 years and I am tired of laying on my belly.. I have wanted one of these foot launchable sailplanes for a long time (since the Swift first came out). I plan to fly it mostly at Ridgely or some other tow field but some day I may decide to foot launch it.

This glider is not for everyone and if I decide I hate it, I will get rid of it.. I just can't wait to try it out.

Christian
Flying Lobster

Post by Flying Lobster »

Sounds good to me!

(although, there are lots of supine harnesses out there). I'm wondering if parts and support for the Millie may be hard to come by. I haven't seen one in the air for many years.

Or maybe you might like to try paragliding! :lol:

I still have vivid memories of you spanking us locals when you came to fly with us.

Best of luck wherever your next flying avenue takes you...

marc
Great Googly-moo!