flying tomorrow - 07/08

All things flight-related for Hang Glider and Paraglider pilots: flying plans, site info, weather, flight reports, etc. Newcomers always welcome!

Moderator: CHGPA BOD

bhardwick

flying tomorrow - 07/08

Post by bhardwick »

i'm thinking of heading to the rock early. can someone please remind me where to check for flight restrictions.
- Brian
stevek

Post by stevek »

Call 1 800 WX BRIEF and ask them. The other day when I went to the Rock a briefer strongly implied that inasmuch as POTUS was is in Europe that I was a numnuts for asking. So if you know where POTUS is ....
Spark

Post by Spark »

We called today and they said no TFR. We had sleds and extendos and a nice evening sunset view.

I'd be up for an early flight tomorrow from the Rock. Anybody want a tandem ride on my new wing?
'Spark
markc

Post by markc »

I'm up for flying tomorrow, just not sure where yet. NWS is
calling for W tomorrow (NW on Sun), but most of the maps
I've looked at seem more NW for Sat, and stronger. Guess
we'll see what tomorrow brings....

--mark c.
Danny Brotto

POTUS comings and goings...

Post by Danny Brotto »

Ahh...

POTUS was in Scotland... and http://www.aopa.org concurrently reported a presidential TFR out west (Spokane, WA I think.)

Call Wx Brief every time before flying HR and if clear, always ask for their ID (they will give their their name initials.) Always ask for "Who am I speaking with." If they intimate that you are a num-nutz then definitly ask for their ID.

If they ask for your aircraft ID, just tell them "FAR part 103 ops"... no aircraft ID ("N" number) needed.

Danny Brotto