Fishers Road 7/4

All things flight-related for Hang Glider and Paraglider pilots: flying plans, site info, weather, flight reports, etc. Newcomers always welcome!

Moderator: CHGPA BOD

silverwings

Fishers Road 7/4

Post by silverwings »

Paul Donahue, Brian Hardwick and myself flew Fishers on Monday. Paul, who arrived in the morning had spent a couple of hours clearing the launch area which had grown up and did a great job. Brian and I walked the LZ's before going up and found the grass not to high and sort of sparce but also noticed a lower telephone wire (12-20' above the ground) under the power lines going across the secondary. Also, there is a locked cable across the entrance road to Anna's part of the way in, though you could go around it. Looks like a fair bit of bull dozing has been done near the barn and an underground pipe placed where the creek crossed the road past the barn. Originally was hoping to fly my PG but winds at launch were from 7 - 20 with breezy most of the times. We all got soaring HG flights and landed in the near field.
john middleton (202)409-2574 c
tomceunen

breezy

Post by tomceunen »

I planned to go to Fishers as well on Monday. But in the morning I saw on weatherunderground & noaa the breezy conditions.
Daniels got 6mph max so that was the best PG choice.
Anyway Fisher Road is not my favourite because the landing is a bit far out and you have turbulance before reaching it. For HG no problem although.
cheers
Matthew

Fisher

Post by Matthew »

Turb for HGs is a problem too at Fisher. I've kissed the ground a couple of times after landing when flying Fisher mid-day and being sucked to the ground in rock and roll turbulence barely making the LZ while watching the windsock spin around in circles. It's our most turbulent site when the thermals are kickin' and it's windy. Though on light days and at the end of the day it's a great place to fly PGs

Matthew