Hyner fly-in

All things flight-related for Hang Glider and Paraglider pilots: flying plans, site info, weather, flight reports, etc. Newcomers always welcome!

Moderator: CHGPA BOD

hepcat1989

Hyner fly-in

Post by hepcat1989 »

I won't be able to go this time, i'm having terrible neck pain, and left arm numbness from a herniated disk in my neck." F*#kin sucks" I really wanted to check out hyner, and the fun. I have never been there. I meet with a neurosurgion this week. I"ll probably need cut open,and fixed. All that is going to hyner have a great time, wish I could go! :evil: . Peace Shawn
Scott

Post by Scott »

Bummer Shawn! Sorry to hear about the troubles---hope you get better soon! (This has been a rough spring for injuries!) By the way, nice pic under your name!

Scott
hepcat1989

Post by hepcat1989 »

Thanks man, to many blunt injuries when I was younger, I guess catching up with me. Ralph helped me with the avatar, he hooked me right up. I don't know how to do that stuff. Shawn.
Flying Lobster

Post by Flying Lobster »

You getting a cervical fusion? I had one done on my C6/C7 after two years of agony following a car accident (I was rear-ended by two cars going full speed).

You have my deepest sympathy--its going to hurt! (the pain never goes away completely, but it makes hang gliding tolerable again).

Best of luck,
Marc
Great Googly-moo!
hanging3

Post by hanging3 »

I can relate, I have a lower ruptured disk.I just got to watch the way I lift and it seems to go alright but...tweaked it washing wallpaper glue off the wall. This was only a 3 day pain. My doc says surgery for disks (orthoscopic) has really advanced in the last couple of years and in a few more risks should be minimal with better results...I can hold out!
Ice and heat 20 on 20 off.

Feel better
joe b
hanging<10
hepcat1989

Post by hepcat1989 »

Yeah Marc, c6-c7 a piece of hip bone between the two ,and presto fuses together. can't wait. Maybe he'll say it isn't nessasary yet. It's all new to me, but numbness in my arm tells me nerve damage- don't want it to get worse. Just plain sucks. Shawn.
Richard Hays

Hyner fly-in

Post by Richard Hays »

Get well soon dude! I sprained my back earlier this spring and walked
around like a freak for about 2 weeks. Then..."poof" I was fine. Just take
it easy.....and stay away from digging ditches..LOL.

Rich

>From: "hepcat1989" <hepcat88@innernet.net>
>Reply-To: hg_forum@chgpa.org
>To: hg_forum@chgpa.org
>Subject: Hyner fly-in
>Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 14:57:46 -0400
>
>I won't be able to go this time, i'm having terrible neck pain, and left
>arm numbness from a herniated disk in my neck." F*#kin sucks" I really
>wanted to check out hyner, and the fun. I have never been there. I meet
>with a neurosurgion this week. I"ll probably need cut open,and fixed. All
>that is going to hyner have a great time, wish I could go! :evil: . Peace