ARRGHH! Pics from Boat Towing in Texas 1 - Retry!

All things flight-related for Hang Glider and Paraglider pilots: flying plans, site info, weather, flight reports, etc. Newcomers always welcome!

Moderator: CHGPA BOD

ChuckPyle

Post by ChuckPyle »

It's only Scott's and John's encouragement that forces me to continue to expose myself (and you) to my ignorance on how to get these pics so you can actually see them.? I hope they're worth your patience!
If Scott is right, you should be able to use this link to get to the Webshots site .... here goes nothing!!
http://community.webshots.com/scripts/editPhotos.fcgi?action=swap&albumID=377075937&swapID1=377619418&swapID2=377080089
Chuck (click??, cut-n-paste??, time will tell)
?

>Hi Chuck...
>
>I think you might be working too hard! If you can see your pics on your Webshots web page, then surf to that page and simply copy the address from your browser...and then paste it here. That should work!
>
>Scott
>
>PS - We really do want to see the shots! :)
CraginS

Re: ARRGHH! Pics from Boat Towing in Texas 1 - Retry!

Post by CraginS »

Chuck,
That link doesn't work, either, because you grabbed it while you were logged in as a registered user. Note in the middle of the url "editphotos

You need to go to webshots, and LOG OUT as a member, surf to your page, and then grab THAT url

cragin

[quote="ChuckPyle"]It's only Scott's and John's encouragement that forces me to continue to expose myself (and you) to my ignorance on how to get these pics so you can actually see them. I hope they're worth your patience!
If Scott is right, you should be able to use this link to get to the Webshots site .... here goes nothing!!
[url=http://community.webshots.com/scripts/e ... =377080089]http://community.webshots.com/scripts/e ... =377080089[/url]
Chuck (click??, cut-n-paste??, time will tell)

>Hi Chuck...
>
>I think you might be working too hard! If you can see your pics on your Webshots web page, then surf to that page and simply copy the address from your browser...and then paste it here. That should work!
>
>Scott
>
>PS - We really do want to see the shots! :)[/quote]
rs54263

Post by rs54263 »

Try this y'all: http://community.webshots.com/album/377075937ZLxVVb

~Ralph (Computer Geek)

================================================================
================================================================

It's only Scott's and John's encouragement that forces me to continue
to expose myself (and you) to my ignorance on how to get these pics so
you can actually see them.? I hope they're worth your patience! If
Scott is right, you should be able to use this link to get to the
Webshots site .... here goes nothing!!
http://community.webshots.com/scripts/e ... wap&albumI
D=377075937&swapID1=377619418&swapID2=377080089 Chuck (click??,
cut-n-paste??, time will tell) ? >Hi Chuck... >>I think you might be
working too hard! If you can see your pics on your Webshots web page,
then surf to that page and simply copy the address from your
browser...and then paste it here. That should work! >>Scott >>PS - We
really do want to see the shots!
ChuckPyle

Post by ChuckPyle »

Anti-climatic -- but Ralph finally got me out of my misery (and ignorance!)
Chuck (thanks Ralph)
hepcat1989

Post by hepcat1989 »

Big smile on your face!- pic #3! Wow, that looks pretty neat. So how is landing on water? Do you flare any?Kind of like a truck tow huh? He can steer the boat right into the wind? How do they get it out of the drink? Would like to see that sometime... thanks, Shawn.
silverwings

Post by silverwings »

Still had trouble getting to his pictures but with a search found them. You might try pasting "community.webshots.com/slideshow?ID=377075937&key=ZLxVVb" with no spaces.
john middleton (202)409-2574 c
ChuckPyle

Post by ChuckPyle »

Good questions, Shawn,
Landing takes one of two forms.? With pontoons mounted (similar to a float plane but smaller) you can land fast, upwind or downwind and prone.?? You just skid in as you might?with wheels on land.??On the other hand, if you're using floats as you see being mounted on my glider you are destined to land upwind and with a standard?flair technique.? Those floats don't skid and doing it wrong has the same result as on land -- WHACK!!? The pontoons are heavier so most pilots opt for the floats.? Frankly, the pro's and con's are such that I'm uncertain which I like better.

The boat is initially steered into the wind.?? Boat towing on a lake has an advantage over other towing techniques since the driver is not limited to a run-way or road as in aerotow or truck tow (scooter tow, notwithstanding, Marc ;-) ).? Once the glider is airborne it is very similar to aerotow in which the boat can make very large gentle turns and the pilot just follows him around -- just a LOT higher!
If the lake surface is not too rough, getting the glider is easy from any water depth.? The boat operator just leans over and picks the glider up by the control bar, which he then places on ski platform on the back of the boat.? From there it's an easy lift back into the launch rack.? If the surface is rough, we land in the shallows near an island.? That way the pilot can stand and easily assist in re-mounting the glider.
And yes, that is a BIG smile on my face.? It's just really good to be back in the air.
Chuck

?

>
>Big smile on your face!- pic #3! Wow, that looks pretty neat. So how is landing on water? Do you flare any?Kind of like a truck tow huh? He can steer the boat right into the wind? How do they get it out of the drink? Would like to see that sometime... thanks, Shawn.