Autumn Meet and Mingle: Friday Sept 10, 2010

Post club-related and other events here! This forum is open to visitors... But note that all event postings have to be approved by a moderator before they will appear. See this forum's charter for more information.

Moderator: CHGPA BOD

davidtheamazing1

Autumn Meet and Mingle: Friday Sept 10, 2010

Post by davidtheamazing1 »

What: Autumn Meet and Mingle
Bring your date to the CHGPA Autumn Meet & Mingle! You bring the booze and the club will provide pizzas and merriment at Gary's lovely party pad.

When:
7-7:45... First we will enjoy pizzas, food and drink. (BYOB)
7:45... Pilots will discuss CHGPA club business (inc the fly-in) in the Pilot lounge, while non-pilots adjourn to an adjacent parlor to continue the party.
9:00... continue to party until we get kicked out by Gary (or the cops)

Where: Gary's house,
6538 Marlo Drive
Falls Church, VA 22042

Agenda:
Welcome & Introductions
Summer Flying stories
Club Business:
High Rock Ramp... finalizing our plan before submitting it to the county.
Sept 18-19 CHGPA fly-in: Are you coming and what are you going to bring/help with?
Free advice? (seriously helpful or seriously funny please)

RSVP on Facebook (or in the forum)

Please let me know if you would like to add anything to the agenda.
brianvh

Re: Autumn Meet and Mingle: Friday Sept 10, 2010

Post by brianvh »

I likely won't make it that friday, but the SNYGPA road trips have inspired me to suggest the same thing for CHGPA. Being surrounded by great sites as you are there's not a lot of incentive for hitting the road, but if you make it a CLUB activity, it becomes a lot more interesting.

You know about the SNYGPA trip to the pulpit that was recently postponed, but we've also done a group trip to Hyner, and have planned trips to Cape Cod on Halloween and Morningside at some point. All of these are within a half day drive of the home site: too far to go alone, but worth it as a group.

I think CHGPA should plan half day drive with overnight stays as well: Ellenville of course, but also Tobacco Row, West Virginia, some other Pennsylvania sites, etc. It's fun and broadens horizons. Pick a range of weekends, making the call of where to go a few days in advance. Not everyone will make it, but if even a half dozen pilots hit the road it's worth it. Groups of pilots have done this in the past, all I'm saying is make it official.
Brian Vant-Hull
deveil

Post by deveil »

Just noticed this post
Bring your date to the CHGPA Autumn Meet & Mingle! You bring the booze and the club will provide pizzas and merriment at Gary's lovely party pad.

When:
7:45... Pilots will discuss CHGPA club business (inc the fly-in) in the Pilot lounge, while non-pilots adjourn to an adjacent parlor to continue the party.

as long as everyone's gone by noon saturday - i even have spousal approval

mark can even get rid of some of those fireworks if he so desires. I have a neighbor who celebrates all the majors as well as groundhog, arbor, and hey-what-the-heck-it’s-Friday-and-I’m-feeling-good days, so there should be no problem.

mi casa es su casa.

gary
garyDevan
deveil

Post by deveil »

Just noticed this post

When:

as long as everyone's gone by noon saturday - i even have spousal approval

mark can even get rid of some of those fireworks if he so desires. I have a neighbor who celebrates all the majors as well as groundhog, arbor, and hey-what-the-heck-it’s-Friday-and-I’m-feeling-good days, so there should be no problem.

mi casa es su casa.

gary
garyDevan