looking for glider storage tube

HG/PG gear to sell or to buy.

Moderator: CHGPA BOD

jyoder111

looking for glider storage tube

Post by jyoder111 »

I'm looking for a glider storage tube to use in my Arlington back yard. PVC or HDPE...Let me know if you have an extra or know of one available. Thanks,

Jesse Y.
dbodner

Re: looking for glider storage tube

Post by dbodner »

Jesse,

In an October 30, 2009 post right here, Ellis (Pink Albatross) was offering what you're looking for, in Arlington.
David Bodner
jyoder111

Post by jyoder111 »

yeah, she said she got rid of them. I'm too late. :(
rlweber

Post by rlweber »

I use a dual wall culvert tube with end caps that I cut slits in so the can be easily removed. A cable can also be place around the cap and pad locks placed on the cable to help with security. The dual wall culvert is relatively light weight and inexpensive. It can usually be found a plumbing supply places that deal with contractors and culverts. I store and transport my glider in it.

Randy Weber
Keep Calm And Soar On
jyoder111

Post by jyoder111 »

In case anyone's interested. I ended up buying a 20 foot section of HDPE (black corrugated stuff with smooth interior) for approximately $150 from Ferguson Enterprises in Chantilly. I'm using two 5 gallon bucket tops as end caps, gluing one on the back and just popping the front one in backwards to get a good seal.

Jesse
pink_albatross

Post by pink_albatross »

Watch the condensation in the tube, especially if you end up not taking the wing out for a month or so. Otherwise you might get a nasty moldy surprise.
-- ellis