Blue Sky / Thur: and Fri 7-1 and 7-2

All things flight-related for Hang Glider and Paraglider pilots: flying plans, site info, weather, flight reports, etc. Newcomers always welcome!

Moderator: CHGPA BOD

RichH

Blue Sky / Thur: and Fri 7-1 and 7-2

Post by RichH »

Both days looking good for towing at Blue Sky ..looks like North winds and decent thermal conditions..Hope to see you there ..Rich Hiegel
tdilisio

Re: Blue Sky / Thur: and Fri 7-1 and 7-2

Post by tdilisio »

Driving down to BlueSky Friday morning, it was like Larry Bunner said... be ready by 11AM. Of course I was still driving, but the sky looked fantastic. Arrived at BS around 1230... sky still looking good. I think the first truck tow was around 1345ish by Craig who reported nothing but sink, with bumps of less sink. TomW went next, then me, then Dan.. same thing... sink with pockets of less sink. Oh well... needed landing practice anyway... plus another spare down tube compliments of the Pulpit last weekend. Then Sir Lord Skygod Peter Kane launches.... up up and away he goes. Crap. My second tow attempt resulted in finding a thermal that got me to about 2500-3000 ft for a 30 minute flight or so. The thermals at that altitude were rockin and rollin... major up, then boom!... get thrown off the edge, turned to all sorts of uncomfortable angles and spit out.... after 20 minutes or so of that... I had enough and tried to find more peaceful air.... which of course was where all the sink was. Wore me out. Peter managed to get some very respectable airtime and altitude... I think I heard 7250' and over 2 hours.
TonyD
tdilisio at yahoo dot com
540-664-54six-seven
H3-FL-PL-ST-AT
Roger

Re: Blue Sky / Thur: and Fri 7-1 and 7-2

Post by Roger »

tdilisio wrote:Driving down to BlueSky Friday morning, it was like Larry Bunner said... be ready by 11AM. Of course I was still driving, but the sky looked fantastic. Arrived at BS around 1230... sky still looking good. I think the first truck tow was around 1345ish by Craig who reported nothing but sink, with bumps of less sink. TomW went next, then me, then Dan.. same thing... sink with pockets of less sink. Oh well... needed landing practice anyway... plus another spare down tube compliments of the Pulpit last weekend. Then Sir Lord Skygod Peter Kane launches.... up up and away he goes. Crap. My second tow attempt resulted in finding a thermal that got me to about 2500-3000 ft for a 30 minute flight or so. The thermals at that altitude were rockin and rollin... major up, then boom!... get thrown off the edge, turned to all sorts of uncomfortable angles and spit out.... after 20 minutes or so of that... I had enough and tried to find more peaceful air.... which of course was where all the sink was. Wore me out. Peter managed to get some very respectable airtime and altitude... I think I heard 7250' and over 2 hours.

"Sir Lord Skygawd Peter Kane" lmao :lol: :lol:
Appropriate, but I can't help wonder what his crown and staff would be. Dunno, but the staff would probably be
CARBON SPROGS!
Roger
25two-67three--eight eight95 c