High Rock Tuesday 6/14 and other stuff

All things flight-related for Hang Glider and Paraglider pilots: flying plans, site info, weather, flight reports, etc. Newcomers always welcome!

Moderator: CHGPA BOD

Spark

High Rock Tuesday 6/14 and other stuff

Post by Spark »

On Tuesday, Tommy Thompson drove up from NC to buy my Falcon 225. We went over to High Rock so he could maybe fly it.

The hay had just been cut in the LZ. I thought y'all might want to know that.

Winds on top were pretty cross. Eddie was there with his glider assembled. After a few decent cycles, he decided to launch and had a great flight - looked like he got maybe 500 over or so.

We didn't have enough crew for Tommy or I, and neither of us were comfortable trying to fly High Rock in a cross wind, so I flew Zagi and enjoyed the view.

We visited with Emma and Harry for awhile.

Other stuff:

I drove to Ellenville last Saturday and picked up a pristine Falcon II Tandem . I'm taking the new Tandem (and my Moyes CSX, and PG) on the fifth annual Trip West 2005, departing tommorrow. Bruce Engen and I plan to be at the King Mountain meet next week, then pick Gary Smith up in Boise. I've been breathing O2 this afternoon, getting ready ;-)

I'll post trip reports and links to photos.
'Spark
hepcat1989

Post by hepcat1989 »

Have a good time Spark,and be safe out there. Can't wait to see some pictures. Shawn