Dickey Ridge Sunday

All things flight-related for Hang Glider and Paraglider pilots: flying plans, site info, weather, flight reports, etc. Newcomers always welcome!

Moderator: CHGPA BOD

stevek

Dickey Ridge Sunday

Post by stevek »

Pete and I. Pretty good day -- 1000 over. Some amazingly strong stuff out there for late November. Walked back up.

Got carded twice -- once at the entrance (been years since that has happened) and once at launch. Not sure what's up. The ranger at launch (Dixon Freeman?) told me that he wanted us to police the card thing ourselves.

The sister of the landowner who was learning to fly hang gliders crashed and broke her back down in NC. She is ok and is apparently up for flying again.
tomceunen

Re: Dickey Ridge Sunday

Post by tomceunen »

Hi Steve,

I was out this weekend but it looks like Dickies would be too strong for PG.

Laszlo and I got also the Park Ranger attention last week. We just pulled over with the retrieval car at the launch parking lot as the park ranger passed us and pulled over a bit further but out of sight. I left and Laszlo got questioned by the park ranger about what we were doing there. He apparantly walked through the woods to check us out as I did not see him walking aside the road. But he did not ask Laszlos permit. Anyway we have permits.

Regards
tom
tdilisio

Post by tdilisio »

Apparently the park is having problems with poachers (bear and ginseng mentioned on the local news). They're trying to concentrate their efforts on patrolling the perimeter and catching the idiots. Park is closed after dark until hunting season ends. Probably why they want us to patrol ourselves.
TonyD
tdilisio at yahoo dot com
540-664-54six-seven
H3-FL-PL-ST-AT
mcelrah

Post by mcelrah »

Guess it's time to send in the paperwork for the new card... - Hugh
Joe Schad

Post by Joe Schad »

Mailed my paperwork in last week.