Woodstock Friday

All things flight-related for Hang Glider and Paraglider pilots: flying plans, site info, weather, flight reports, etc. Newcomers always welcome!

Moderator: CHGPA BOD

Joe Schad

Woodstock Friday

Post by Joe Schad »

Woodstock might work on friday.

Joe
tdilisio

Re: Woodstock Friday

Post by tdilisio »

Thinking about making an early escape from work... but usually traffic getting out of town on Fridays stinks no matter what time I leave. Please keep me posted, Joe.
TonyD
tdilisio at yahoo dot com
540-664-54six-seven
H3-FL-PL-ST-AT
tdilisio

Post by tdilisio »

Just talked to Joe. He's having puter issues. He's heading to WS and planning on being there by noon to check conditions. hmmm... decisions, decisions. Forecast looks a little light... I'm stuck at work for the next couple hours, anyway.
TonyD
540-664-54six-seven
H3-FL-PL-ST-AT
tdilisio

Post by tdilisio »

... not gonna be able to escape in time... Bummer.

Hopefully there will be an opportunity this weekend.
TonyD
540-664-54six-seven
H3-FL-PL-ST-AT
Joe Schad

Post by Joe Schad »

Five of us showed up. Roger, a pilot for North Carolina was there first and I followed with John and Adam arriving 45min later. Lasio showed up around three. Conditions were light 4-7 for most of the day. Roger launched first around 1:45 and managed an entendo and landed in the bridge field. I launched about 20min later and was able so scratch and get about 300 over, just enough to intice either Adam or John, I am not sure which to launch for what looked like a 20-30 min flight. I headed out to land but managed to get the only thermal of the day over the damn/bridge field to every so slowly climb to 3000 over. After that thermal it was a slow glide down. Lasio got and Hour and a half and I believe John managed an hour also.

Joe