Sunday Woodstock

All things flight-related for Hang Glider and Paraglider pilots: flying plans, site info, weather, flight reports, etc. Newcomers always welcome!

Moderator: CHGPA BOD

hanging3

Sunday Woodstock

Post by hanging3 »

Arrived after Bacil launched.
Missed Johns launch
Saw Mark Cav launch.
Launched after Mark Fink.
Stuck around launch so my brother could take a few photos....pretty nasty behind that finger so I did not stay long. Headed to the north. Signal Knob was goal. Got a grand then headed farther North.... pretty much stayed 1500-2500 over till just about to the resivoir. Nobody around to play with and dropped back to 1000 over....thought about it and headed back so made it to within 2 1/2 miles of the knob ...I could see it! Dang. There will be a next time. Lost even more coming back so I hung at a southerly facing finger till I hooked a good one. Got to 3100 over, took some pictures. Headed back south to launch and the rest of the gaggles. Was headed south to South mnt to check it out and grabbed one from 500 over to 3100 again..Great fun. Headed out to land. It horrible to have to loose that kind of altitude. Dropped into Daves hole and ran into a belly landing.
Took out a cowpie on the way through. That will teach me to land better.

9.5 out of 10 on the fun meter(.5 off for cowpie)
2 hours 5.8 miles upridge 5085 MSL Max
joe b
hanging<10
hanging3

Post by hanging3 »

PS
What frequency did people end up on. There was some sort of race checkpoint on 146.47 and I didn't hear much on 147.46.
I heard someones ptt stuck at around 3:30 but not much else????
joe b
hanging<10