Paris Willaims XC Clinic

All things flight-related for Hang Glider and Paraglider pilots: flying plans, site info, weather, flight reports, etc. Newcomers always welcome!

Moderator: CHGPA BOD

jimrooney

Paris Willaims XC Clinic

Post by jimrooney »

Just wanted to drop a reminder out there.... Paris Williams will be conducting XC training May 31st - June 3rd at Highland. Cost is $60/day plus tows. I think that's like 2 weeks away (how time flies right?). Oh, that's a per day thing.... as in, you don't have to do a certain number of days.

If you haven't been to this kind of advanced training clinic yet, here's a chance to learn from one of the best. I'm sure those that attended the Flytec clinic will let you know how much good information there is to pick up from this. I was there as staff for Quest and was impressed by just the bits and pieces I caught in passing.

I hear people talking all the time about being at the comps and how they plan to try and keep up with the lead gaggle for as long as they can to try to "figure out" what they're doing. Usually this doesn't last long as the leaders are freaking fast. Wouldn't it be great to have one of them not only fly with you, but explain what's going on... why they make the decisions they make? Let alone talk about it before and after the flight? That's kinda the idea.

From the OZ report...
"This clinic will be geared for pilots with some cross country experience who want to take their skills to a new level. We will use the format of a competition, so pilots can practice using a GPS, develop navigation skills, and think about racing strategies. We'll fly a different task every day, with pre-flight strategy talks and post-flight debriefings, and cover lots of information with ground schools each morning. Because a number of pilots have expressed the ability to attend only part of the clinic, the price of the clinic will be set up on a day to day basis. Call Highland Aerosports at (410) 634-2700 or email Sunny at: sunny@aerosports.net for more information."

http://www.aerosports.net