inquiry-- who was talking about motor-harnesses?

All things flight-related for Hang Glider and Paraglider pilots: flying plans, site info, weather, flight reports, etc. Newcomers always welcome!

Moderator: CHGPA BOD

John Anderson

inquiry-- who was talking about motor-harnesses?

Post by John Anderson »

This may be addressed to some of you buzz-bombers out there...

I am only recently back on the CHGPA Forum. But 3 or 4 months ago (?? maybe more??), when for some reason (maybe an expired acc't) I could read but not post. Now I can no loger find the exchange on this topic, but there was the following, which I copied down:

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Hi Erik,
Can you let me know if the rear flying wires are 47 inches or more behind the hand straps where they each attach to the keel.

If they are less than 47" in distance apart, then the keel can easily be cut for use with a motor harness.
If the distance is more than 47" (or even 48"), then the wires would have to be shortened and moved forward on the keel to accomodate the motor harness....do-able, but certainly a more complicated process.
Also, what production year is this Illusion?

thanks,
Marco (proud Vision Pulse owner for many moons)
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Questions: Who/where are you, Erik and Marco? Does anyone else know Erik or Marco?

And if that's you, would you agree to send me an e-mail for an inquiry ? Questions like: Is this disc in reference to a Mosquito; DoodleBug, or other? What would you say about the Mark-IV (19) as a mama craft for a Mosquito? I'd ask the keel- trimming questions, etc, off-Forum, unless you prefer Forum. I am currently living in Kosovo in the Balkans. Except for PG, nobody motor-harnesses over here, or even much HGs, so this is a very maybe and future notion for me. Anyway, e-mail is: jlamra@yahoo.com
regards -- John Anderson
tdilisio

Re: inquiry-- who was talking about motor-harnesses?

Post by tdilisio »

Hi John, Try joining and searching http://groups.yahoo.com/group/flphg/ ... if you haven't already.

They have a lot of info and can answer most any question, about most any configuration with FLPHG.
TonyD
tdilisio at yahoo dot com
540-664-54six-seven
H3-FL-PL-ST-AT
mcelrah

Post by mcelrah »

Hi John -

Since I too am just day-dreaming at this stage, I gotta say the pictures in the advertisements of rigid wings with power harnesses look pretty cool. Gotta wonder how you possibly footlaunch/land with 100+ pounds of glider and the weight of the harness... Even the powered paraglider guys (distinct from powered parachutes, which use big chassix with two seats and a lot of horsepower) are starting to use little lightweight carts with four wheels to save their knees.

- Hugh
Marco Zee

Post by Marco Zee »

Hi John,
try this link for manufacturer info: http://www.swedishaerosport.se/mosquito.htm
Locally, Steve down at Blue Sky is a dealer for the Mosquito motor harness.

Also check out the wind drifter site ( under USEFUL LINKS) at : http://wind-drifter.com/

good luck,

Marco