Cessna

All things flight-related for Hang Glider and Paraglider pilots: flying plans, site info, weather, flight reports, etc. Newcomers always welcome!

Moderator: CHGPA BOD

Joe Schad

Cessna

Post by Joe Schad »

Can't believe that a light airplane instructor pilot and student could not know that they were within three miles of the White House? Not hard for me to believe. Ill bet the instructor did not know he was over Washington DC and did not have an vor tuned or gps with him.

Joe
Matthew

Cessna

Post by Matthew »

I like the part where the black hawk helicopter flies up next to the pilot with a sign indicating which radio frequency to use. The pilot of the Cessna finally clues in and tunes to the frequency. Then the black hawk pilot tells the Cessna pilot to change course and the pilot of the Cessna says no and tells the black hawk helicopter pilot to basically mind his own business.

Matthew
jimrooney

Post by jimrooney »

Hey Matthew.... where did you get that account of the story (sounds funny).
I did a quick news search and only found "OH MY GOD! THE SKY IS FALLING!!!" stuff.

Tks
Jim
Matthew

Cessna

Post by Matthew »

JIm,

It was in yesterday's washington post. The archives link isn't working. So I can't pull up the link to the article. The Cessna pilot wouldn't divert until a fighter jet was scrambled and shot flares across the front of the Cessna. In today's post they reported that homeland security failed to contact DC police about the incident. Somehow the direct phoneline from homeland security to DC police had been disconnected and no one had noticed. Gotta love the government in action :)

Matthew
Dan T

Cessna

Post by Dan T »

In a message dated 5/12/05 10:59:53 PM, adventuretales@yahoo.com writes:

<< Then the black hawk pilot tells the Cessna pilot to change course and the
pilot of the Cessna says no and tells the black hawk helicopter pilot to
basically mind his own business. >>

It just goes to show you don't need more than a bird's brains to fly!
My apologies to all the birds out there. You clearly have more sense than
some humans.