Woodstock Sat and Sun

All things flight-related for Hang Glider and Paraglider pilots: flying plans, site info, weather, flight reports, etc. Newcomers always welcome!

Moderator: CHGPA BOD

Joe Schad

Woodstock Sat and Sun

Post by Joe Schad »

Saturday was the overcast with showers day. I arrived with Tom, Dave, Bruce, and Randy. Promising skies turned overcast with winds 2-3mph. Not the forecast. Tom launched first for a sled. I waited another about forty five minutes later thinking I would also sled but it picked up just enough to get me up. Maxed out at 2500 over with about an hour and a half. After flying into a brief shower over the LZ I decided to head to Strasburg where there was some sun. Managed to there and landed because there were more showers approaching. Got rather wet trying to pack up the glider, then walked home. Took a shower, got the beer and chips out waithing for others to follow but no one showed. Called Gary who said everyone was going back up to try again as the weather had cleared out. I took Gary his car and helped a few people off before heading home.

Sunday was much stronger. I launched about 5:30 in what turned out to be a short lull in the winds. I found the air rough but not so strong that there was any penetration problem. Landed after an hour twenty in normal woodstock lz conditions.

Probably won't get out this week because of work and other committments.

Joe