Kite Festival

All things flight-related for Hang Glider and Paraglider pilots: flying plans, site info, weather, flight reports, etc. Newcomers always welcome!

Moderator: CHGPA BOD

Matthew

Kite Festival

Post by Matthew »

The Smithsonian Kite Festival is on March 29th. Last year we were a major attraction due to the Batman glider. Chris has again volunteered to bring down and set-up his bat-wing on the mall. We need lots of volunteers to make the event success. Please email me at mcgraham20@hotmail.com if you wish to help out your club at this great PR opportunity. Please indicate if you can help all day, morning set up from 9-11, mid-morning from 11-2 or afternoon from 2-4. The more the merrier!!!

See-- http://www.kitefestival.org/start.htm

Matthew
Marco Zee

Re: Kite Festival

Post by Marco Zee »

If the CHGPA can obtain authorization, or a waiver from the authorities, my offer to actually fly the Bat-Glider around the Mall still stands. I think the crowd would enjoy seeing the Bat-Glider actually do some flying, instead of lying around just looking cool. Does anyone have a "Robin" glider, perhaps we could have the entire Dynamic Duo flying around. I am not even going to ask if the Fifi's have a batgirl glider. :wink:
Marco
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

Umm. No. That's never gonna happen. We can't even get permission to do a man tow.

As to volunteers-- we only have a few-- David C., David B., Kathy C., Carlos, Me, Karen and Batman. So we need a lot more to pull this off. So all of you sky gods and sky godesses, come on out and help promote the sport of free flight. It's just one day of the year and it's lots of fun.

Matthew
Joe Schad

Post by Joe Schad »

I will plan to be there in the morning. Where will the setup area be located? By the Washington Monument?

Joe
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

Yes. Near Washington Monument. Setting up at about 8:15am. More details posted on Friday morning. Bring a chair if you have one.

Matthew
Gene

Post by Gene »

I will try to be there. It all depends on my Daughter, if she can take my son to his baseball game. I will know more in a few days.
Gene
Gene

Post by Gene »

I will be there in the morning and bring some old magazines to give out.
Gene