My (first) tree landing

All things flight-related for Hang Glider and Paraglider pilots: flying plans, site info, weather, flight reports, etc. Newcomers always welcome!

Moderator: CHGPA BOD

brianvh

Re: My (first) tree landing

Post by brianvh »

I don't think Shawn's post was directed specifically at you, Tad. Just the overall fur-fight.
Brian Vant-Hull
John Harper

Post by John Harper »

I realize I'm a little late on this post but I don't get on here allot. First of all I am glad you are ok but "My first tree landing" no one lands in trees, call it what it is " My First CRASH". I'm not going to question your skill but if you were that good you wouldn't need a drogue chute to land at Daniels especially on a windy day. Don't make excuses just admit you messed up maybe you miss judged maybe you are in over your head what ever it is fix the problem. I would hope that no pilot would expect to crash, that is stupid. I sure wouldn't want to fly around you. Attitudes like this will cause the rest of us to loose sites. :D
John Harper
mcelrah

Post by mcelrah »

Bah! John's a great pilot, but here we go again with criticism based on what Janni wrote and an assumption that he expected to crash (huh?!). OK, I'm not sure I would even try to land a blade wing in that LZ - but, hey, I'm NOT THAT GOOD! So if you're relatively green and you've got a blade wing, whaddaya do? Ya gotta survive the first few hours in the thing. Is there something wrong with drogues? If I was really good, I wouldn't even need a glider - just flap my arms! - Hugh
P.S. I do agree that this was an avoidable accident - approach and landing 101: fly on top of the tree line, not the other side of it.
Tad Eareckson

Post by Tad Eareckson »

Oops.

No, Brian, just read a message from Shawn, it wasn't directed at me.

Sorry, Shawn. We're on the same page with this.
jimrooney

Post by jimrooney »

I'm not going to question your skill but if you were that good you wouldn't need a drogue chute to land at Daniels especially on a windy day.
Bullocks, you just did.