High Rock Fly-In & Party! Oct 13 & 14

All things flight-related for Hang Glider and Paraglider pilots: flying plans, site info, weather, flight reports, etc. Newcomers always welcome!

Moderator: CHGPA BOD

markc

High Rock Fly-In & Party! Oct 13 & 14

Post by markc »

An announcement about this year's High Rock Party/Fly-In went
out to all forum users and club members today. But addresses
change frequently, and some are checked more frequently than
others, so the announcement is also available in the Events Calendar:

http://chgpa.org/Events/events.html

Come on out and celebrate the truly unique site that is High Rock!
Where else can you dive off a cliff in front of bikers, Mennonites,
hikers, high school kids, and picnickers from Pen-Mar park? :)

Your attendance will also provide a big boost to Emma-Jane and her
family, after a very difficult year.

Hope to see you there!

MarkC
DocRock

Post by DocRock »

Yay! I'm coming to the High Rock fly-in but I've never been to High Rock. I assume that there's camping in the LZ? Is the LZ open for camping on Friday nite?

See you there this weekend!

Daniel
brianvh

Post by brianvh »

You're actually welcome to camp there anytime, not just the fly-in. The assumption is that if you're camping you'll be flying, so the carbaughs will get the flying donation. Best to make sure they know your face before taking advantage of that idea, though. Always stop by the house and chat the night you come in.
Brian Vant-Hull
DocRock

Post by DocRock »

Ok. I've read the directions to the launch at High Rock, but how do I get to the LZ? Can anyone give me directions? I might be arriving late Friday nite.

Can't wait to see you all!

Daniel
brianvh

Post by brianvh »

From Launch head back down the way you came. Then you'll just take three lefts every chance you get, followed by a much less obvious right.

Details:
After passing Pen Mar park on your way back down, turn left (Pen Mar road). You'll go through a switchback, then turn left again on Old Pen Mar road, then left again on Upper Edgemont. They should all be the first lefts you see on real roads.

Drive a while, passing Mong's road that splits off to the right. Go slower - in about half a mile you'll see Coffee Pot Lane on the right. It starts in a patch of concrete, then quickly deteriorates, so go slow. At the bottom is a white house. Stop in and introduce yourself, and take your time if whoever you meet wants to talk. Don't rush this process...take a seat, even. Who-ever's doing the most talking is probably Emma Jane. When you eventually leave the house the LZ is down the gravel road to the left...into the woods.

When setting up camp, look out for poison ivy. Bring your own water (I didn't see the big blue jugs at the Pulpit party: we bought those for water at the fly-ins. Might be nice to roust those out).
Brian Vant-Hull
Matthew

HR Waiver

Post by Matthew »

Anyone who hasn't flown at HR also needs to stop in at Emma Jane's and sign a waiver.

Matthew
PS Looks NW all weekend.
dbodner

Post by dbodner »

Hope everyone has a good time. Weather should be great, with or without flying. I'll be on a train for Chicago thinking of y'all. Stay safe.
David Bodner