Call for Pulpit Fly-in Results

All things flight-related for Hang Glider and Paraglider pilots: flying plans, site info, weather, flight reports, etc. Newcomers always welcome!

Moderator: CHGPA BOD

dbodner

Call for Pulpit Fly-in Results

Post by dbodner »

It was way too late Saturday night to begin taking down contest results. So, let's do it by e-mail.

Send to my e-mail addres below your flight results in this format:

Your name,
Team name,
Miles upwind,
Miles along ridge,
Miles downwind (OTB), and
Flight duration (if you're H2).

I'll populate the spreadsheet and send it to Bacil for his official call.

d.bodner@verizon.net
David Bodner
dbodner

Post by dbodner »

I got four results so far. I know more folks went XC than that.
David Bodner
Gigi

Thank you

Post by Gigi »

Hi everyone,

I really enjoyed meeting all of you at the Pulpit party, thank you for the warm welcome.

Please can someone post me the details of how to contact an instructor for paragliding?

The best was being able to get a Bocca burger( thanks to the vegetarians in teh group!) when I least expected it! What ever happened to the raffle?
:)
Gigi
hang_pilot

Post by hang_pilot »

Hi, Gigi-

Glad you had a good time at the Pulpit!

The local paragliding instructor is Jim Kaplan: 301-527-1984 h, 240-723-0377 cell, kaplanplace@hotmail.com.

~Daniel
Matthew

Paragliding Instruction

Post by Matthew »

You may also want to try Juan Ortiz at 703-772-2039. He may be starting up his school soon. Not sure if that's a current phone number.

If you can get out to West Virginia for a long weekend, contact Dwayne McCourt at FlyWV

http://www.flywv.com/

Matthew
mcelrah

Post by mcelrah »

Stephane Pascal is also an instructor (703 898-7182). And, of course, there's always Dwayne McCourt out in West Virginia (FLYWVA.com). - Hugh
Gigi

Thank you!

Post by Gigi »

Thank you for all the leads Hugh and Matthew. I will follow them up soon. Sorry I just noticed I posted my message in the wrong area! Just getting used to this site - thanks for answering anyway!

Happy Flying!
Gigi
Gigi

Thanks again Daniel

Post by Gigi »

Goodness i really need to get up to speed with this technology! LOL thanks I missed that post at first!

Yeah I really did enjoy myself ...the party made me a little nostalgic for New Zealand and my flying friends...
:)
Gigi