Flying this weekend 9/1-9/3

All things flight-related for Hang Glider and Paraglider pilots: flying plans, site info, weather, flight reports, etc. Newcomers always welcome!

Moderator: CHGPA BOD

scudkid

Flying this weekend 9/1-9/3

Post by scudkid »

Hello all,
Anyone planning on heading somewhere and wouldnt mind someone tagging along (or doing retrieves).

Joe
eggzkitz

Post by eggzkitz »

Joe-
Of course not! Would love to link up with you. We'll see what the weather does. I'll probably head out mid day (a bit late) on Saturday but be heading out more like 10 or 11 on Sunday. Monday may not be a fly day for me. We'll see... Give me a call Friday night or saturday morning: 808-779-5759
More to follow.
Jeff
Jeff Eggers
CHGPA President
USHPA 82627
FCC KK4QMQ
charlieg

Post by charlieg »

I hope to fly tomorrow (Saturday), but am waiting for the wind predictions to move away from dead north where none of our sites serve. Hoping for a swing east or west to enable Bill's Hill or Pulpit to be options.
Any other insights on the wind?
Charlie
laszlo

Post by laszlo »

At this point, the forecasts are NE for Saturday. Juan, Tom, and I will decide tomorrow morning, but the likely destination is Hogback. A driver would come handy, otherwise we need to leave a car around Browntown.

Laszlo (cell 202 - 386-0153)
charlieg

Post by charlieg »

Joe:
Hogback is a H-3/P-3 site that also requires a National Park Service waiver (takes a few weeks), so you wouldn't be able to fly. But the turnaround is about an hour -- so if you're available and willing to go along to see the site and retrieve that could be super. We'll have to wait for the final word from Laszlo, et al, on whether that's the chosen site -- but it looks to me that it is the only choice unless the wind changes direction.
Charlie
charlieg

Post by charlieg »

Looks like it's Hogback at ~12:00. Joe, or anyone else interested, give me a call on my cell at 703 328 8545.
Charlie
eggzkitz

Post by eggzkitz »

I'm taking today off and saving up my kharma points for tomorrow. i would love to head to pulpit if it were nice. i am seeing some predictions calling for SW on monday... i'll keep an eye on it today while i install some patio lighting...

charlie, thanks again for the grab yesterday.

joe, give me a call today if you want: 808-779-5759.

best,
jeff
Jeff Eggers
CHGPA President
USHPA 82627
FCC KK4QMQ
Tamas

Post by Tamas »

Hi guys,

I am also thinking of Pulpit tomorrow (Monday). Looks like perfect Pulpit weather, I hope it won’t be too strong at the end. I am planning to head up between 9 and 10 if the forecast doesn’t change by tomorrow morning.
Tamas
eggzkitz

Post by eggzkitz »

I may head to Pulput too. Looks west 5-9 and sunny. winds aloft (6k) are westerly too at 12.

ETA 1 or so.
Jeff Eggers
CHGPA President
USHPA 82627
FCC KK4QMQ