Gods Warriors

For topics that don't fit into any of the other forums: politics, rant-n-raves, cool web sites, anything and everything goes!

Moderator: CHGPA BOD

Paul Tjaden

Gods Warriors

Post by Paul Tjaden »

If you haven't heard, Christiane Amanpour has a new documentary series airing on CNN called "Gods Warriors". It's about the extreme fringes of all three Abrahamic religions. Last night was Judaism. Tonight will be Islam and Thusday will be Christian.

Very Scary stuff so far.

Paul
deveil

Post by deveil »

i'm guessing that this may be part of what you had in mind when you started the thread "religion".
i found it daunting to watch. 'found myself switching away from it and then going back - the equivalent of a kid covering their eyes during the most gruesome, scary parts of a horror movie - when the full impact of what is/has been/will be happening became overwhelming. having had been raised in a mainstream pacifistic sect of christianity (church of the brethren) - schooled in concept to willingly (perhaps even actively, depending how far you take it) give up any and all liberties and/or life in service to belief - i fully appreciate how righteous these people feel, and how they get there. extreme perhaps - but more a logical extension than a leap of faith (also a point i believe you were making in the "religion" thread).
garyDevan
Paul Tjaden

Post by Paul Tjaden »

Hi Gary,

Yeah, this is exactly what I am concerned about. Tonight will be even more terrifying I'm sure. No one can be more radical than a Muslim extremist! I have absolutely NO belief in prophecy but if enough of these idiots try hard enough, their wishes of armegedon may just come true.

Paul