Visiting PG pilot : Would like to fly this area in May

All things flight-related for Hang Glider and Paraglider pilots: flying plans, site info, weather, flight reports, etc. Newcomers always welcome!

Moderator: CHGPA BOD

markc

Visiting PG pilot : Would like to fly this area in May

Post by markc »

I'm posting this request on behalf of a pilot who'll be visiting
the US in May. Can any of our PG pilots help Chris out?

MarkC

christakis@para5.com.cy wrote:
>
> Hi guys,
>
> My name is Chris and I live in Cyprus, I have been flying paragliders for 8 years now and have some 800hrs, my glider is an advance sigma 6 and my rating is “pilot”
>
> I will be in the states from the 3rd may to the 24th may, staying in Virginia, Maryland and New Jersey.
>
> I would be very grateful of any information on the requirements for flying in the US and on possibilities and options for flying sites, I am primarily interested in extended and XC flying over 50km.
>
> Also I would like to take this opportunity to offer the same assistance to anyone who may be planning a vacation or what ever to Cyprus.
>
>
>
> Thanking you in advance for you help,
>
> Chris.
mcelrah

Post by mcelrah »

Matthew is our designated greeter, but I'll do my best in his absence. - Hugh
BarryN

Post by BarryN »

I received a phone call from Chris (visiting from Cyprus) today. He is in the area until Sunday and would really like to meet up with someone to fly.

I had a little trouble understanding him due to his accent, but it sounds like he is currently in Potomac, MD. I'm in New Jersey and fly at Little Gap, PA. I think Little Gap may be a pretty long drive (3-1/2 hours one way) from Potomac.

Anyway, if anyone from CHGPA is going flying in the next few days, perhaps you could call Chris and invite him to join you. His US cell # is: 757-469-7615.

Thanks!
Barry
mcelrah

Post by mcelrah »

Thanks, Barry. I'm n touch with Chris and have given him contact info for our most active PG pilots. - Hugh