Re: Request for an observer

All things flight-related for Hang Glider and Paraglider pilots: flying plans, site info, weather, flight reports, etc. Newcomers always welcome!

Moderator: CHGPA BOD

Jim Hodges

Re: Request for an observer

Post by Jim Hodges »

I am interested in another mtn launch. My first one was at Woodstock. If there are any observers that may be able to assist, I am in need indeed. I am a H-2. I hope it is appropriate to put out a general request of this nature on the listserv.

Jim Hodges

inertiajim@aol.com
540-668-6012
brianvh

Request for an observer

Post by brianvh »

You can make your presence known, but it's still your responsibility to
contact observers. Don't expect anyone to call in response to a general
'personals' ad.

Brian Vant-Hull
301-646-1149

On Thu, 7 Apr 2005, Jim Hodges wrote:

> I am interested in another mtn launch. My first one was at Woodstock. If there are any observers that may be able to assist, I am in need indeed. I am a H-2. I hope it is appropriate to put out a general request of this nature on the listserv.
>
> Jim Hodges
>
> inertiajim@aol.com
> 540-668-6012h 540-668-6012
jimrooney

Post by jimrooney »

Hey Jim
Congratulations on your first mountain launch :)

A good way to get in touch with observers is to talk to the one that observed you on your first launch (or the instructor that took you) and have them make the introductions. Not only will they know who to get you in touch with, they will be able to tell them about your flying skills. This will make things much easier on everyone.

I'm glad to see that you're asking about getting in touch with an observer _before_ heading up to the mountain (a common H2 mistake). I'm sure there will be someone to help you out. Good luck and good flying.

Jim