Very Far Off Topic--March Madness!!!

For topics that don't fit into any of the other forums: politics, rant-n-raves, cool web sites, anything and everything goes!

Moderator: CHGPA BOD

Flying Lobster

Very Far Off Topic--March Madness!!!

Post by Flying Lobster »

My favorite sports event--the NCAA Bball tourney--is underway, and VCU last night knocked off Duke! Schweet!

marc
Great Googly-moo!
mcelrah

Post by mcelrah »

I have subcontracted awareness of march madness to my younger son - he filled out the pairings on my behalf for the office pool. Lessee, this is basketball, right? - hugh
Flying Lobster

Post by Flying Lobster »

yes indeed, college basketball. The Virginia representation is doing pretty well--the Hokies (Va tech) knocked off Illinois last night after trailing most of the game.

marc
Great Googly-moo!
Batman

Post by Batman »

Kansas University ... big winna!
Flying Lobster

Post by Flying Lobster »

Yeah--I think Kansas could go all the way, it looks like. No problem beating Kentucky, but I think they take on the "Salukis" next. That should be a heck of a game. Only one ACC team left, NC--very unusual for the tourney.

marc
Great Googly-moo!
dhenders

March Madness

Post by dhenders »

My final eight are still in. I had UNLV over Wisconsin. Never had USC over Texas. Oregon beat them. My final four are Georgetown, North Carolina, Kansas and UCLA. Winner is Georgetown over Kansas
Flying Lobster

Re: March Madness

Post by Flying Lobster »

dhenders wrote:My final eight are still in. I had UNLV over Wisconsin. Never had USC over Texas. Oregon beat them. My final four are Georgetown, North Carolina, Kansas and UCLA. Winner is Georgetown over Kansas
Very good picks--but I don't think G'town could take Kansas. I think this is the year of the southern conference--so I don't think many of your final four (except Kansas) are going to survive the sweet sixteen all the way through to the final four. We shall see! One of the great things about the NCAA's is that anything can happen!

marc
Great Googly-moo!
Flying Lobster

Post by Flying Lobster »

Kansas barely survived the Salukis, unfortunately Tennessee lost a heart-breaker to Ohio State--which I now believe will now be the one to go all the way.

marc
Great Googly-moo!
Flying Lobster

Post by Flying Lobster »

Well, looks like both OS and the best of the SE--Florida--are in the finals. Not much in the way of surprises this year. Should be an epic battle royale--but in the end I think Florida will prevail cause they have a deeper bench to weather foul trouble--which is Ohio St's principal weakness. Still, I'm rootin for OS.

marc
Great Googly-moo!